Wednesday, November 15, 2017

My 18 Monther



Cash,

My sunshine baby! My documenting your life so far has been pretty awful, but I promise I will make it up to you. During the last six months when I would usually be writing down every little thing you did- what day you took your first steps and what food you hated that month and how many hours you slept, I was lying in bed watching you do all of it and not bothering to write it down because I was too tired to walk downstairs to get a pen. But I think that in all that sitting and watching you, I memorized everything and so we really didn't miss a thing. I think I will be able to tell you all of it, even when I'm 80 years-old. You're my sunshine boy and so many moments with you are just recorded in my mind like little videos. Our light during a time that could have been hard or scary but wasn't, and a huge part of that was because of you. I needed you. Dad needed you. And your brothers needed you too. We love you so much. I can't believe you are almost 18 months!

You:

-had the cutest little mullet (that started looking a little dirty) up until two days ago! Dad made me (well didn't really make me, you know dad!) but talked me into cutting it. I was worried you wouldn't look like a baby anymore, but you still do! I can just see your cute cheeks better now!


-eat ALL DAY. Like every second you are hungry and you like almost anything except for most meat, and cheerios. I think you're sick of cheerios.

-can say lots of words! You say "daaa" the most (dad). And you say "ba" (bottle), and you say "ball," "mom," "yes," and our favorite thing you say is "moo"- not like a cow mooing but like in the word "more." You make your lips into this little O and try to say "more." The first time you said it, I was feeding you (yogurt I think) and I made dad came over because it was the cutest thing I ever saw!

-love balls! You kick them around like a soccer ball!

-are really good at mimicking anything we do. You are so smart! You saw me brush your hair with a comb, so you wanted to do it to yourself. You watch us put on hats, so you try to put them on yourself. You watch me blow on food, so you do the same thing. You are learning so fast and I think you are the smartest baby!

-just started sleeping through the night most nights! Finally! :)

-love to be rocked to sleep. We rock you to sleep every single night. Dad holds you and rocks you and I rock you and sing to you or play with your hair or face. You have to be totally asleep before we put you in your crib or you start screaming.

-If you are mad at someone, you start pinching them. If you are really mad, you bite. I should probably discipline you a little so you don't do it as a three-year-old, but right now it's the cutest thing ever and we laugh every time you do it.

-loooove to give kisses! You just learned how to blow kisses too, but you give real kisses all the time. You love to make people happy, and I know you know that kisses make us really happy. You smile so big when you are kissing us and you will do it over and over and over again

-love to DANCE. We started having dance parties a couple weeks ago in the family room and now you bring me the remote all the time, wanting me to turn on music. You are the cutest dancer ever. Mostly you turn in circles, sometimes you bounce! I could watch you dance for like 50 hours and still not get bored.

-do this thing where you run to me with your mouth open, smiling. It's usually when you are excited to see me. It's one of my favorite things you do! We also have a special thing where we point to each other. :) Usually I do it first and then you point to me, but yesterday you pointed to me first for the first time!

-Most of the time when you see yourself in the big mirror downstairs, you stick your tongue out!

-have been teething pretty much since you were four months. It's so sad! You wither have to wear bibs or we have to change your shirt all the time because you drool so much!

-LOVE to be held! You always want to be picked up and carried around. As long as someone is holding you, you are easy and happy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...