Thursday, September 28, 2017



These past few nights I haven't been able to fall asleep easy. I get that restless leg thing, but instead of just getting it on the couch like I usually do,  I get it in our bed too! It drives me nuts. I can't get comfortable and it's especially frustrating because I just want to SLEEP. The night before last it was absolutely insane and out of control, but last night, it wasn't as bad. McKay and I had stayed up late talking until almost 2am. We finally had a night where one of us hadn't fallen asleep three hours before the other one- and we could just hang out. We had been talking until almost midnight and then McKay had to run to the store to get stuff for the kids to buy with their "conference cash." LOL. This is General Conference weekend (!!!!!!!!!!) Thanks goodness QFC is open 24 hours. He got home I think after 1am and then we talked a little more and went to bed close to two. I got ready for bed and I just started craving Jonah. I just wanted to cuddle him. It's funny because I have had nights where I am craving Jax or Cash or all three of them- and on one occasion I have actually just picked each of them up and put them in our bed all around me (McKay loved it!..haha) But last night I wanted to snuggle my Jones. I have really specific things with each of the boys that make my relationship with them special and different than it is with their brothers. Jonah is just my comfort-zone kid. When I had him, I was completely confident as a mom. I knew what I was doing and he was an easy baby. I have never really had a "challenging period" with him. He's just inherently sweet and comforting and cuddly and easy. He's my comfort zone. Anyways, I just needed him. So I went and laid in his bed and he kind of rolled and opened his eyed for a second and said "hi mom." Then he put his arm around me and went back to sleep. You never have to have sleepless nights if you have a Jonah. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...