Thursday, November 23, 2017

Bye port!



The chore I hate second-most (after cleaning blinds) is laundry. I would rather do almost anything else. I absolutely hate folding clothes. Sometimes a pile moves from our bed to the floor and back to the bed for days until I (or McKay 70% of the time) finally fold it and put it away. While I was sick, it quickly fell off my list of "things I will force myself to do," and as I laid in bed and watched my mom or grandma fold our clothes right next to me, I started to miss it. Yesterday, I was moving a load from the washer to the dryer and as I did that, felt an immense and overwhelming feeling of gratitude- that I was standing in my laundry room doing laundry. It's funny sometimes the things we think we need to make us happy, when so often we just need to find happiness in the things we already have. I was listening to a talk yesterday where a man was quoted saying this after going through something hard: "I have seen and known that it has proved He loved me, for if He had not cared anything about me, He would not have taken me by the arm and given me such a shaking." I was thinking about my typical quests for help and knowledge a year ago. The majority of the time, I would search the scriptures based on what I felt I needed to hear or learn- but that is kind of like entering a classroom as a student and handing your teacher a lesson plan. Heavenly Father needs us in situations where we are teachable- where we can get a little "shaking" sometimes.

*finally got my port removed! They were surprised I wanted it out...umm YA! I remember the port placement surgery and it was one of the most relaxing experiences of my life. I was almost out but not totally...there was music playing...a warm blanket...needless to say I was very excited for the port removal procedure. It was quick and sadly didn't last as long as I'd hoped it would! Isn't McKay cute?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...