Tuesday, January 2, 2018

1-2-18

The year 2017 was one for the books. I feel like I’m leaving it a different person than I entered it. It was one of my favorite years and one where I felt stretched and pushed and pulled and taught. When I think about this year, I will remember LOVE. Love from so many people around us- family and friends and doctors and strangers. I learned how to really serve this year because I had the best examples. I was taught (again) how much my Heavenly Father knows and loves me. This year was a huge blessing. It kind of felt like I was in “spiritual school”, as silly as that sounds, and the Savior was right beside me the whole time. I was reading my General Conference notes from October of 2016, and one thing I jotted down was from Elder Nelson-
It may seem impossible to feel joy during trials, but that is "precisely the joy Christ offers." I don’t remember what I felt or thought when I wrote that in my journal, but I am so grateful to know the significance of that statement now, because it changes everything.

I am so sad to leave 2017. “Though I don’t always understand what thou has willed, what thou has planned- I’ll leave it all inside the hands, and trust thy will until we meet again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...