Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Eight! Eight! Eight!



Cashy!

I took these photos of you this morning and you were such a trooper. You have been sick for the very first time for about a week. You weren't your normal smiley self for a few days, but yesterday you started smiling constantly again, so I know you're feeling better! I wish I could just be sick instead of you. You have been totally congested, and it's been so cute because you get frustrated (that's not the cute part) and you arch your back and throw your head all the way backwards and then you nuzzle into my neck (that's the cute part). You started sleeping in a crib two nights ago too and you sleep so much better. I miss you a lot in our bed though. Last night you woke up once (the night before you woke up ZERO times!!!) and I picked you up out of your crib and snuggled with you in our bed. You didn't fall asleep though! So I got up and held you until you fell asleep and put you back in your crib where you slept peacefully for the rest of the night. Little stinker! I love cuddling you all night!

At (almost) eight months you:

are starting to be a daddy's boy! It happened about a week ago. Whenever he would get home from work, you would start whining. Even if I was holding you. At first I thought it had to be a mistake (like he had food or something you wanted, or you just wanted something else)...but you really just want your daddy! It's the cutest thing. He tries to act like it's no big deal so I won't get sad but he secretly LOVES it. You usually still want me though (had to throw that in there! haha)

LOVE baths! Whenever I notice you have cold feet or cold hands in the morning, I like to put you in the bath. You absolutely love the bath. You are starting to reach for toys and your favorite thing to play with in there is the wash cloth. You suck on it. You also hate it when I wash your eyes! You still have a clogged tear duct in your right eye and you get mad at me every time I clean it in the bath!

hate getting dressed- particularly when I put your arms through your sleeves. You scream your head off and stiffen your arms and fight me. It's pretty funny and pretty cute. You also hate having your face washed, or lotion put on your face.

can sit up by yourself! You don't sit up in the bath yet, because you still tip over sometimes, but for the most part you can sit up by yourself!

roll over like crazy and scoot around (mostly backwards). You get stuck under beds a lot somehow. I will put you on the floor in our room or the blue room and somehow you end up half under the bed all the time. You always start crying and then I rescue you! You are SO close to crawling! You get in position and even have put one knee in front of the other, you just haven't quite figured out how to alternate them!

love veggies- almost all of them! You hate fruit! Your favorites are peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans. You sometimes like squash, and you always hate bananas, apple sauce (love apples though), peaches, and pears. You also LOVE yogurt and pretty much anything we are eating! You really just want real food all the time and I don't blame ya!

do this thing where you blow out air from your cute little lips kind of like you're blowing out a candle. Dad and I are in love with it.

LOVE your brothers. You're not scared of Jonah anymore- you just really hate it when you're playing and he picks you up and holds you while he's lying on his back hahaha. Every morning when you wake up and see your brothers, you smile so big. You absolutely love them and they are totally obsessed with you! They sing you the morning song every morning. And you are always so happy when Jax gets home from school!

love to be chased! I hold you and Jax will chase you or pretend we're chasing him, and it's the hardest you have ever laughed! It is the cutest thing. You also love it when I act like a weirdo and jump towards you while dad is holding you hahaha.

I don't think you have really ever cried in your carseat during the day, unless we were on a long trip. You never every cry in there unless it's night- you and all your brothers hate the car in the dark!

are such a trooper because you have no nap schedule! We leave most days just after noon to take Jax to school. You usually fall asleep in the car...sometimes you take a nap earlier in the morning...my point is that you are just SO easy-going. You never even get cranky except for sometimes at night when you want to be walked (dad) or cuddled or nursed (me) to sleep.

love your crib. I have put you in there for naps off and on but two nights ago we moved you there to sleep and you sleep SO well so far. It's a big improvement because you woke up about every hour when you slept with us hahaha.

love to nurse! Sometimes you nurse long and sometimes short, but you are a wild nurser (not as wild as Jonah though!) You don't move your legs around much...it's your hands! You pull my hair, scratch my face, pull on my lips...it's painful but I really love it. I kiss your chubby little hands whenever they get near my face!

started eating little snacks like yogurt drops and puffs this last month. You love them!

LOVE to be swaddled! It's so funny because sometimes you are fussy, but as soon as I start swaddling you, you immediately smile, even if it's mid-whine. You are so happy to be getting wrapped hahaha. It's kind of funny!

You will not fall asleep randomly. No matter how tired you are. You require being nursed, or held by me or dad (sometimes you will fall asleep on someone else- mostly just one of your grandma or grandpas, or uncles). It's really cute.


We are so in love with you Cash! Dad is snuggling you right now. You are my happiest baby and everyone always talks about on how cute and happy and smiley you are. I still look at you sometimes and I can't believe you're here- that you're mine. You really are our little sunshine. I love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...