Friday, December 5, 2014

A Normal Day


Normal days are my favorite days. Days when I get to wake up and cuddle my kids and take as long as I want and stay at home with them all day. I love it when I have no plans. I love having nothing to do. I love when we stay in our pajamas. On those days I pay attention more. I have more time to feel grateful and see my life and what I have. Feet learning to walk on my carpet. Messy mouths to wipe. Little lips moving as they talk to me. Arms wrapped around my knees. Crumbs from sandwiches on my floor. There isn't much rushing. There aren't as many things I miss. There aren't as many things I ignore. I soak it in. I read this quote today by C. S. Lewis- "The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can't supply is proof that Heaven must be our home." I love that. When i'm rushing and distracted I am always yearning for something I can't quite pinpoint. I think I must need an hour to myself. I must need to watch a movie. I must need my kids to just go to bed. But when I'm at home and it's quiet and I look across the hall and my baby is sitting on my bed, heaven is right there and I don't need a thing.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...