Thursday, January 31, 2013
can't think of anything.
Okay, first of all, I have an excuse for every single day I haven't blogged.
Monday- I had to fulfill my headband orders. It was my "working mom" day. I go to my gma's (office) and my gma takes care of Jax (daycare) and then I make the headbands (work) which, take me hours and hours and hours. and hours. I don't know why. I am slow.
Tuesday- Flu shot fiasco. I took Jax to get his shot in the morning. Then I grocery shopped. Then I got home. Then I finished headband stuff. Then I went to the post office. Then I picked up McKay and we went to Walgreens to get our Flu shots. Then after an HOUR we went home because McKay didn't get his and they didn't have the right kind for me. Such a waste of time.
And lastly, I just didn't feel like blogging this week. But now I do! So without further adieu...
don't ya just hate reading those things ^ but they truly get the point across.
1. I have got to figure out what I am doing for McKay for Valentine's Day. We will be on a cruise on the 14th, so it has to be something I can bring with me (or do) on the boat. I already know that McKay has an idea, because I saw something that said "Ali Valentine's Day surprise" or something like that.
2. I am so mad because I saw a spoiler for the Bachelor. Why do people do that? I don't get it. Do they want to ruin thousands of people's Monday nights for months?! So disappointed in that woman on FB.
3. I just have to do this because I feel excluded and I thought of this idea last night.
For those of you that don't know, I have the most out-dated phone ever. And I am going to be really honest and say that it's because I am still on the plan with my mom and brothers. It's $20 bucks a month! Seriously so cheap. And definitely beats the $90 that we pay for McKay's phone. But, sadly, we don't have data plans (except my spoiled favorite-child brother). I have never had an iPhone, so I don't really know what I'm missing. It is like if you were to eat salad your whole life, and had never tried a cupcake. Would you try the more calorie-filled cupcake and risk a dependence on it? Or would you stay with the safe salad for as long as possible in boring, ignorant bliss? I don't know. It's getting to that too-late-for-me-to-blog time of the night so maybe none of this makes sense.
But there is one thing I love. Instagram. And I know...old news to everyone else. But whenever I see McKay's phone just sitting there, I grab it and go on Instagram and I love stalking people who have no idea who I am. Maybe I stalk you. Who knows. But I have noticed a little trend, the "five things no one knows about me" thing. And I so wish I had Instagram so someone could tag me because I love participating in those things. So I am tagging myself. @aliwalker, you are tagged!
(and don't worry none of these will be disgusting or TMI-ish...like the girl from McKay's Instagram who said she had lice for four years!)
aren't you supposed to choose like your favorite pic of yourself? Well, I went through my pics and I didn't find a normal one. But I did find this one. I am missing being pregnant a little. This stage was really fun.
1. I am really not athletic...BUT my elementary school basketball team (Black Magic was our name) won the championship and I got to cut the net! Also, I think I made two baskets that season!
2. I have never broken a bone, but I have had stiches in my chin twice. Once from falling in the shower, and once from falling off the counter (and smacking my chin on the counter). The second time I had stitches, I had to be in a parade and I was so embarrassed because it looked like I had chin whiskers!
3. Every night when I go to bed I examine my face FOREVER because any little blackhead or weird thing drives me nuts. Then I always end up being in the bathroom for like a half hour. And then I wake up with break-outs cause I squeezed my entire face the night before.
4. Freshman year of high school, I hated my english teacher so I skipped her class all the time. One time while skipping, I was at the mall and I saw her- so she called the school and reported me. And then, once I had moved on, I saw her at the doctor's while there with my little sister. She asked me if my sister was my child and was totally serious. I think about that sometimes, and I wish I could just tell her that I am a good student and a good girl and that I was not a pregnant teen. And because of her, I HATE the book 1984. She was just the worst.
5. In fourth grade, I was obsessed with Tommy Hilfiger. I would only wear his clothes. In school, we were able to write a letter to someone famous we loved. I chose Tommy Hilfiger. He sent me back an autographed photo. After that, I sent him modeling pics of myself that I made my brother take. One where I was in my pajamas, but they were really cute pajamas. Sadly, I never heard back from Tommy. Now I will not wear Tommy Hilfiger clothes ever again because I am so sick of them. Nor will I dress my child or husband in them.