Top: Madewell; Dress: Marshalls
1. Hair talk: First of all, I made a bun. I cheated and used the foam thing but still. Second, all you girls and your coconut oil for your hair. HOW do you even do it? I saw some at Trader Joe's and bought it and thought...wow, how very natural of me. I went home so excited to try it, feeling all organic and resourceful. THEN I went to use it, so I opened my jar to find a solid brick of oil. The jar said it was very "stable." And it was. So stable that while scraping it out of the jar, my fingernail like started peeling off. Then I finally scraped out enough to put in my hair- so I put it in my hair. Then I had to wash my hair like 348234720 times to get it out. Then my hair felt the exact same.
2. Today is my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday mom!) and I am the most terrible daughter in the world. The other day, I knew it was about to be her birthday. Then I woke up this morning and did my morning rituals (Facebook, Pinterest, Gmail). Luckily, FB reminded me that it was her birthday. So then, I cleaned and got ready and fed Jax and went about my day normally. And then my mom called (also normal) and she told me that she needed to drop off Jax's coat that we left at her house. Okay mom. So then we got off the phone and I continued on with my day. Then my brother Chad called. He asked what we were getting my mom for her birthday. Omgsh. I told him that I had talked to her and completely forgot that it was her birthday. Then I asked if he had said Happy Birthday to her. He said no. But he had asked her to go get him some donuts.
3. Today my friend L was coming over for the first time. So obviously, I wanted my house to make a good impression. You truly can tell a lot about a person by their house (we talked about that). So last night, I cleaned the kitchen and then today I vacuumed and cleaned the bathrooms. Then I made a treat because she always makes treats for us when we come over. It was such a wonderful day. Then McKay came home while we were chatting in the kitchen. And within five minutes he said these three things:
1. Oh, you're eating on those plates?! ha. We never eat on those plates. You are using the fancy plates.
2. Did you tell her how much you cleaned? Like late last night when you wouldn't come to bed cause you were cleaning?
3. Yeah, usually our house does not look like this. (emphasis on the does not.)