Thursday, September 13, 2012

Okay, I lied

I guess I lied a little bit...fashion stuff will not start again today. 
I need to make cinnamon rolls.
You see, I have been gone for a whole entire week. That's a long time to be away from husbands. We missed each other a lot. I kissed McKay a hundred times last night, and he kissed Jax a hundred times. Jax is napping now, and I have been reading this. You should read it too. I promise that you will love her.
I asked McKay if our home felt different when I was gone. Of course, he said it did. But still, I wonder if it really did. NieNie got in an accident and had to be in the hospital for a long, long time. She said that her husband told her that their kitchen felt lifeless without her. That's the kind of wife that I want to be- the kind that leaves emptiness in places she is not.
So today I am not going to spend an hour on my computer when McKay is home. I am going to have cinnamon rolls ready instead and talk to him about his day. We are going to play with our baby and eat dinner and  cuddle and watch the shows  that we waited to watch together.
Today it's just us three. So good to be home.

5 comments:

  1. "the kind that leaves emptiness in places she is not" beautifully said Ali! I know you used this in the "wife" aspect, but I think it's a great reminder for the person everyone should be! Hope you have a wonderful evening together (sounds like a great to-do list)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali i literally love your blog!! its so real. you have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, so sweet! It's definitely important to be mindful of the people we love even if we sometimes forget. I hope the cinnamon rolls go well! x

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just found your blog and have been reading it for, oh, about the last hour, and have gotten nothing done at work but I think that's just fine. You are the cutest family and I think you are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, this blog is super-dee-duper cuuuuuuute. love it. will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...