won a little award!
As a non-participator of sports, drama, music, etc., you can imagine that my awards in life have been very few...so this was verrrrry exciting.
The darling Corinne from Life Etc... nominated me and I love her for it!
We two girls actually share a name; except, it is her first name and my middle name.
...and my mom spelled mine "Kerin" like "Karen" soooo...
kinda the same.
In case you didn't know...
The Liebster Award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less. The word "Liebster" is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome. How cute is that? And very versatile for all the many bloggers out there!
The rules for accepting the award are the following:
1. Each person most post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award.
3. Chose 11 bloggers (with less then 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award (social networks accepted).
5. If you have not done so already, follow the tagger and visit at least three nominees. Spread the love!
6. And remember, no tag backs!
Eleven things you probably don’t know (or you might):
1. I don't play sports. I'm bad.
2. I used to have a business selling cards, candles and jewelry. I thought people really bought them, but my gpa was just giving them money to buy stuff from me. I have a good grandpa.
3. I have little brothers who I am really really protective over. Imagining any of them with a girlfriend pretty much makes me want to die...unless I love her...which will be hard.
4. I hate the textures of syrup and honey
5. I always cry during that cell phone commercial where the dad takes pictures of his little girl's stuffed
animal. The last picture is the animal on their porch and then he is home and she hugs him!!!!
6. When we go on dates, I am much more excited about the dessert than the meal. I couldn't care less about dinner.
7. Every Christmas I used to get a porcelain doll. I love them. McKay thinks they're creepy.
8. I majored in English in college. I love to read and I love to write!
9. I cheated on a Biology test in high school and still feel horrible about it. I still want to tell my teacher.
10. When I was little, I was OBSESSED with Annie. I wanted to sing like her, dress like her, be her. I have no idea why.
11. I love to go to broadway shows. For my senior trip I saw Phantom in Vegas. Amaaaaaaaazingg!
1. When I grow up I'd like to be a...
Mom! I know, I know…typical seven-year-old answer. But really, this is all I have ever wanted to be. Now that I am, I can say that it is the best job ever.
2. First pet?
Two kittens- Topey and Cuddles. Topey was the nicest cat in the world. One day he got run over by a car and we had to decide whether to put him to sleep or amputate his leg. We decided to do nothing and it just magically healed! Then we moved and we lost him.
3. Meanest thing you've ever said or done?
Hmm. One time, I failed my written for my driver’s license. Very upset (as you could imagine) I stormed up to the front desk to give the lady my results. She told me that it would be fine, and I could retake it. I just scowled at her and my mom and (crying) said, “I hate the American Government.” (???) Tantrum. Afterwards, my good friend tried to comfort me and I said, “I can’t believe even you passed and I didn’t!” Pretty mean- both to my friend and America.
4. Chocolate v lollies (or candy or sweets for those non-Australians!)?
5. Best advice you've ever been given?
To “stop worrying.” I am definitely a worrier by nature. After Jax was born, those little daily “worries” multiplied by like 100. I talked to my mom about everything a lot and she just said, “Ali, you need to stop worrying about everything. Don’t be so hard on yourself.” I have never worried since. Kidding!
6.What's your guilty pleasure?
Probably getting something sweet and dessert-y (word I just made up!) and watching Real Housewives. I also love reading the Willy Wonka jokes on Pinterest. I don’t know why, but I think they’re all hilarious.
7. A perfect Saturday night would involve...
Going on a date with the husband or just hanging out at home in a CLEAN house (so I could relax…you know) and playing with Jax! It would also be fun to dress up and go on a fancy date…for once (HINT McKay)
8. Favourite travel destination?
There are lots and lots of placed I would LOVE to go, but my favorite so far has been Ecuador. I got to spend three months there and it was the most amazing experience. I loved being in a completely different culture and totally out of my element. I think about it all the time and hope so much that I can go back someday!
9. Three beauty items you could not live without?
Mascara, chapstick, bronzer (I am so pale)
10. I never leave the house without...
11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Hmm. Well, on my normal disgusting days, probably about 10 minutes because that’s how long it takes to brush my teeth, wash my face, and put on some sweats. During my “challenge” days…about 40ish min. Maybe an hour. Usually Jax is screaming on the floor, so that lengthens the time a little bit.
Q/A for the winners.
1. Your favorite place to go in the world is:
2. Something weird about you that most people don’t know:
3. Something you collected when you were little:
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, you would go to:
5. Your perfect day would include:
6. The most embarrassing moment of your life:
7. Cooking or baking:
8. Biggest pet peeve:
9. Something you LOVED as a kid:
10. Your favorite item of clothing at the moment:
11. What you always do before you go to sleep:
People you need to go visit (but really.)
Have the best Saturday!