Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Because I am a mom, and kind of turning into a gothic

Soooooo this is a little awkward, BUT I have been thinking about this all day...or for three days.

...I wear pajamas a lot... 

I love them. They are pretty much my at-home wardrobe. I have done it ever since I can remember- come home from school, take off jeans, put on pajamas. The problem is, now I am a stay at home mom (emphasis on at home). Usually when I wake up in the morning, I just shower and put pajamas back on. I have gotten to the point where when I have to go to the store, I just put on solid pajamas- usually black ones- to disguise the pajamas, but they are still pajamas. 

All of the above is becoming a problem. Examples are as follows.

Example 1. We got back from the lake house about a week ago. I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and she was laughing about a conversation she had with my five-year-old sister. She said that Laci asked her why I only brought one outfit on vacation. I guess I wore the same pajama outfit every single day.

Example 2. My visiting teachers came a little while ago. I thought since we were all girls, they wouldn't mind if I was just wearing my sweats/pajamas. When I opened the door they said, "Oops, did you forget we were coming?" ...or something like that. I think they thought I was going to bed. In my mind I was fully ready.

Example 3. I am loosing Skype-time with my in-laws. I always tell McKay to keep the camera away from me. I know that they love me no matter what and they really don't care...but I honestly worry that they will secretly think I never bathe...or have just fully "let go." 

Example 4. Today I waited by the door for McKay to come in from work. He came in, kissed me, and told me he was leaving again to pull the garbage can up the driveway. While walking out the door he turned and said, “Nice tunic robe!”

Anyways...it's okay because I have a solution. I am usually not the "30 Day Photo Challenge" kind of girl, but I am deciding to be one...just for thirty days.

For the next thirty days, I will get dressed every day...in a real outfit...no pajamas. I really do think that feeling put-together will make me feel happier and better about myself.

So. you can say goodbye to these...


my "tunic robe" and fave pj bottoms...


And here's to the next thirty days.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...