Sunday, May 5, 2019

Another week! I made a goal along time ago to write every day. Actually, I've made that goal over and over again. I feel like I should. I want to believe there is good in social media and I know there is. However, I haven't reached the precipice yet where I am looking up at the good and standing above the bad. I still delete Instagram often and when it's on my phone waste time scrolling through pictures that leave me unsatisfied and annoyed. I don't remember if I've written about this or not, but after deleting it for the first time after President Nelson challenged us to, I felt a strong impression to write on my blog. It seems like almost every person my age has something to say. It's almost as if our worth lies in how much we can teach the world and how many we can teach at once. It feels tempting at times and can feel like a duty or responsibility or even a drop in an ego bucket, however, the Creator of the World and the Creator of Us are the artists who have already created all there is to create. They know all there is to know. It is up to us to be inspired and pay it forward and that's really what I think the most inspiring people do. 

I read something today Elder Bednar said that I have read before and forgot about. It was something like, We often think the absence of a load is what happiness is, but a presence of a load is essential to the Plan of Happiness. (That's not the exact quote- just from my memory.) I have been thinking about that a lot today. I love what we have been studying in the New Testament. At this point in the scriptures, the Savior is about to be crucified. There is a commotion in the cities around him and talk about "this man" who has gone around teaching and healing and loving and lifting the people. Those who know Him know He is Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Some say He is not, and is leading the people astray. I am sure there are those who wondered and weren't sure for themselves quite yet. Today it was so cute, during our family lesson Jax mentioned that the world is still like that. He is so right! I love the account of the blind man who was given sight. Before he opened his eyes, Jesus was gone. The people around him wondered if this was the same man who had been a blind beggar on the street. When the man who had been blind heard them talking, he told them yes, he was. Several people approached him and asked who gave him his sight. At first the man said "A man." Then, "A prophet." Then, "A man of God. Then, when approached by Jesus, "Lord, I believe." He came to know the Savior through and after his trial. An important part of this story to me is the miracle that took place after his eyes were opened as he stood in the city, pondering what had happened. That's the greater miracle. God can always fix our bodies and sometimes he does, but our bodies will be restored regardless. The greatest change takes place in our hearts.


Often times we are tempted in a trial to question, "Why me?" I have been tempted to wonder that way too. But as I read the bible and the accounts of these people who knew the Savior and their intimate and personal and sacred experiences with Him, I think to myself, I want to be one of them! In the past I have tried to keep the perspective, "Why not me?" But for some reason, that hasn't felt right either to ask. Still, it paints trials in negative light- sent or occurring at random with no coordination or divine hand to customize our earthly experiences. I believe hard things that happen, that aren't a result of our own misuse of agency are custom and divine. I came to know the Savior through my hardest things. To the Savior speaking of the blind man the disciples asked if he or his parents had sinned. Christ answered and said, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." When you notice the works of God all around you, it's not possible to question why me? At times I have felt more to say, I'm glad it was me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...