Wednesday, March 13, 2019

School

Today I had an on-the-phone meeting with an academic advisor from BYU-I. I've gone back and forth with school a lot. When we left Rexburg eight years ago, I don't think I even looked back. I was so ready to be done with school and so ready to be out of Idaho. McKay graduation with a Bachelor's in business and I got my Associate's in English and that was more than enough for me. I didn't even consider staying to earn a Bachelor's. I begged McKay to start a family soon after we got married and when I got pregnant, school became second (or 43rd) to everything else that was happening in my life and I was moving on to the next chapter.

After Jax was born, we moved to Washington where we had Jonah. It wasn't until family members who were younger than me started graduating that I questioned if I should finish school. At first it was a little cause of pride. I should have a degree, I thought. If everyone else has one, I should have one too. Then I got pregnant with Cash and I forgot about it again. Then other stuff happened and now Cash is almost three and last week I was thinking about it again. It's weird because I am still not really drawn to it. It is possible that it may not be something significant for my life's plan- to finish my formal education? I am a big believer in continuing education- but education can mean a lot of things. Anyways, I met with an advisor today and I still felt the same thing: pretty much nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...