Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Happiest Place on Earth!


DISNEYLAND! I think I can honestly say these were some of the very best days of my entire life. We had planned to go last year, but my body had some different plans. I had surgery when we were supposed to be playing with our kiddos at Disney. We rescheduled the trip for October- but had to push it back again. FINALLY we planned it for March. AND IT HAPPENED. We talked for months about how we were going to tell the boys- surprise them or not surprise them..? We wanted everything to be perfect. We ultimately decided to surprise them. The morning of, we couldn't decide where we wanted to tell them- the airport or at home or in CA. We weren't going to Disneyland for two days after we were leaving so we wanted there to be just the right amount of anticipation. I told them the morning of that we had to go on a boring business trip with dad. Then I backtracked and said we didn't need to (cause we changed our minds about when to tell them). Then they were sad so I told them we were going bowling. When McKay got home they were probably a little confused, but mostly excited to go bowling. We had the suitcases packed and McKay and I put Disney shirts on under our sweatshirts. We had a scavenger hunt for them and at the end of it had a present wrapped with Disney shirts for them. When it was time to do the scavenger hint, McKay and I were freaking out. I'm not sure I have ever been that excited. The boys were watching a movie on the couch and we went to them and told them we weren't going bowling but were going to do something else- they needed to do a scavenger hunt. Immediately, they all started BAWLING. They wanted to go bowling! HA! Finally, we got Jax to grudgingly, begin the scavenger hunt (which we recorded but had to pause recording so we could lecture them about being happy and beg them to continue and get to the end). Finally, they got to the end. When they opened their shirts they started smiling and when we unzipped our sweatshirts, they smiled more. I think they thought that was the surprise, but then we said "we are going somewhere..." Jax guessed Disneyland and they all started smiling and laughing. It was one of the happiest moments- and the perfect beginning to the best week. 

I'm not sure where to begin- our first day we got to have breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen and it was the perfect beginning to a magical trip. The next day we got to go to Disneyland. They LOVED the rides and were fearless. I think our favorites were Indiana Jones, the Cars ride and Pirates of the Carribean. Jax LOVED Space Mountain. We got so much food and had to try all the treats recommended to us. Our favorite treats were the sundaes at the Ghirardelli Soda Shop and the beignets at the New Orleans Cafe. We loved the corn dogs. The boys pin-traded and chased characters around to sign their autograph books. Jax and I took an art class and his drawing was chosen out of all the drawings because he was so creative. He was given the teacher's personal drawing! Jonah could go on almost every ride with us and wasn't scared of anything. McKay and I took turns riding with the two older boys and staying with Cash. Cash LOVED the cars. He has been so obsessed with cars lately, I think he was a little starstruck. 

McKay and I just kept looking at each other and smiling. We were all just in heaven. It was pretty magical. I have been begging McKay to take us all back ever since. 

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...