Sunday, February 11, 2018

Last check on my go-wigless list: CHURCH


I went to church without my wig for the first time. It was the last place I needed to check-off going “wig-less,” and the only one I was kind of iffy about. I have been in primary for the last four years and was worried it would make the kids uncomfortable. Junior Primary, where I was fully prepared for an onslaught of, “SISTER WALKER YOUR HAIR LOOKS SO WEIRD!” didn’t say one word. I don’t think they even noticed! Senior Primary, looked at me with sweet smiles but were quieter than usual and I could tell they wondered about it. I asked if they noticed something different about me and of course, everyone chimed, “YOUR HAIR!” They wanted to know why it was so short, so we opened our scriptures to 1st Nephi when Nephi was being shown Christ visiting the people on the American continent after He had been resurrected. He loved the people there, taught them, and performed MIRACLES. I asked the kids if miracles still happen today like they did when Christ was on the earth. Most of them nodded. Then I told them that last year there was something in my body that was making me sick. After lots of prayers and a special blessing, I was able to get medicine to help it go away. The medicine was so strong, it cleaned out every thing in my body...even my hair! Then I told them that when they look at me now, it’s okay if it makes them feel a little weird- but I want them to also remember when they look at me, that miracles still happen today. The cutest part was a sweet girl who yelled, “but you don’t look weird!” And a few others agreed. I sure love my primary kids. Heavenly Father knew I need them even more than they needed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...