Friday, December 8, 2017

12-8-17


You think teaching your kids to make the right choices will be easy. After all, I have already had to make them myself. I've defeated that struggle. Wrong. You came home from school and ran to me, excited to show me a birthday invitation from your friend DJ. You have made so many new friends this year, and this is one of the first parties you were invited to. Your dad and I made a decision a long time ago that we would keep Sunday, the sabbath day reverent and Christ-centered and family-oriented. But when you looked up at me excitedly with your freckles, I think my heart broke a little for you. I gently explained that we didn't go to friend's birthday parties if they were on a Sunday. Dad probably backed me up in a much more articulate and better way once he got home, but you understood and disappointedly said you wouldn't go.

We found you writing this letter to your friend DJ: "Dj I can't go to yor party becus i haftoo go to chrch."

We decided to have a family fondue party instead.

I am so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...