Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day Memory: By Kayla



It was V-day of 2012, and he asked his parents to let him have the house for the evening. He asked me to get all dolled up and wouldn't tell me what the plan was at all. I threw on a new Lauren Conrad pleated skirt, a cute white tank, a cardigan over top and some dark red lipstick (it was valentines day, after all). I had no idea what his plan was; if he'd made reservations at some swanky place, what my present would be, or what he'd think of my gift.
I rang the doorbell and I hear him fumbling around like crazy to get to the door, he opens it, covered in flour, batter, and a hilarious face. I walk in and smell something amazing. I'm not talking like Panera Bread amazing... it was better. He tells me to wait in the living room while he "got ready"... still, I have no idea what's going on. So I wait alone for a good 20 minutes and he finally comes in... covers my eyes and walks me to the kitchen. 
There were candles on the table, glasses out, silverware set up... & the kitchen was absolutely covered. Every area of counter space; taken over. Bowls, spatulas, ingredients, pans, measuring spoon... I mean, the works! The man spent all day cooking me a homemade meal (and if you know ANYTHING about me... food is the way to my heart). NOT just any meal... a new meal, something I'd never tried before, which I love doing. It was seafood lasagna, & oh my! It was literally the best thing I've ever eaten in my entire life. I couldn't believe it. He proceeds to tell me he took the day off to spend it in Kroger buying every ingredient needed (cost him like $70! Hide the receipt next time, babe ;) ), and this cute little old lady from the produce section walked around with him to find everything.
When I thought about him, walking around with a small cookbook, trying to find specific fresh ingredients for me, to be sure my meal was thoughtful, and not just some typical dinner out... that made my heart swell. I let him have a few minutes to clean himself up, and he comes back out looking more handsome than ever. I am totally not kidding when I tell you that this was THE best meal I'd ever eaten... so much so, that we made it together on vacation with my family (after he proposed!). As if the night couldn't have gotten better? He had gotten me the most ADORABLE gold Elle shoes as a gift. I mean, the man has taste. After an amazing night in he had planned (games, a movie, and a homemade cake, too!) he laid out some of his favorite comfy clothes for me to change into. I'm telling you, he knows me better than I know myself at times. No girl wants to be stuck in tights and a skirt when you just ate 19 pounds of food. The rest of the night was pure relaxation, and thinking about the first date we ever had. It was seriously the best.

her Blog
her Twitter 
her Instagram

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is such a cute story! Thank you for sharing!

    Xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally cute! I love homecooked meals, it's so cute when a guy takes so much time to plan it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seafood lasagna? that sounds interesting and yummy! what a great story Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER adorable and soooo thoughtful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute story!! i love reading these kinds of posts :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dangg!! You got yourself a keeper!!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These stories are fabulous! I love all the love:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful story!

    Rachel ~ Topaz n Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...